"MTV Draw Your Line VMA Feats Sweepstakes"
Sponsored by MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The "MTV Draw Your Line VMA Feats Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") commences at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on August 8, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on August 21, 2011 (the "Entry Period"). All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on August 21, 2011 to be considered.
3. Sweepstakes Overview: Entrants will have the opportunity to earn points ("Points") on www.DailyFeats.com (the "Administrator Website") by completing various tasks as further described on the Administrator Website. Points can then be redeemed for a code on the Administrator Website (the "Redemption Code") and used by Entrant to gain an entry in the Sweepstakes. For every 50 Points redeemed, entrant will earn one entry. Entrants may redeem additional earned Points to obtain additional Redemption Codes during the Entry Period. There is no limit to the number of times a person can enter but limit one prize per person. At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes, one grand prize winner (the "Grand Prize Winner") will be selected at random from among all Eligible Entries (defined hereinafter) received. The Grand Prize Winner must be available to travel to Los Angeles, CA to arrive by August 28, 2011 in order to attend the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards (the "Event") currently scheduled for August 28, 2011. For Entrants who do not wish to enter using Points, there is an alternate email method of entry which is further described below.
4. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 14 years of age at time of entry (the "Entrant" or "Entrants") and who have a www.DailyFeats.com account which will enable them to accumulate Points (any Entrant who does not have an account can register for one for free on www.DailyFeats.com). Entrants who are under the age of majority in their state of legal resident must obtain the permission of their parent/legal guardians to enter. Employees, officers, directors and agents and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside and/or those living in the same household, whether or not related) of MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. ("MTVN" or "Sponsor"), DailyFeats, Inc. ("Platform Administrator"), and their parent companies, subsidiaries and other affiliated companies, sponsors, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns (collectively, with Sponsor, the "Sweepstakes Entities") and any person who has won an MTVN contest or sweepstakes in the preceding twelve (12) month period, are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and by the decisions of Sponsor which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or the use or misuse or redemption of a Redemption Code and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
5. To Enter: You may enter the Sweepstakes one of two ways as follows:
All Entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively referred to hereinafter as the "Eligible Entries." Entrants may redeem Points for Redemption Codes as often as they wish during the Entry Period. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a Redemption Code that is selected to receive the Grand Prize (as defined herein), the authorized holder of the e-mail account registered to the Account from which such Redemption Code was submitted will be declared the person who is entitled to receive such Grand Prize and he/she must comply with these Official Rules
All Point calculations will be made solely and exclusively by Sponsor and/or Platform Administrator, in their sole discretion and all decisions of Platform Administrator and Sponsor regarding the awarding of Points to any and all participants shall be final and binding and are not subject to appeal. Entries or Points generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries or Points by any means which subvert the entry process will be void.
Entrant agrees that Indemnified Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Points or Redemption Codes by third parties.. An "authorized e-mail account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational, government, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any and all entries or Redemption Codes that have been tampered with or altered are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entries that they deem, in their sole discretion, to violate any of the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules.
In submitting an entry into this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to, confirms and represents to Sponsor that neither he/she nor anyone else has engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with this Sweepstakes that: (i) may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living thing or any property; (ii) may/or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to person, living things or property; (iii) is or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortious conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party or (iv) violates any of the terms or conditions of these Official Rules.
6. Grand Prize Winner Selection/Notification: One Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected on or about August 22, 2011 from among all of the Eligible Entries received. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts over the forty-eight (48) hour period following selection of the Grand Prize Winner to contact the potential Grand Prize Winner via the telephone number(s) and/or email address(es) provided on his/her entry form. If the potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached during the forty-eight (48) hour period in which he/she is called (no messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems) or emailed, or if he/she fails to comply with these Official Rules, such potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received, if time permits.
7. Grand Prize Winner Verification: The potential Grand Prize Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within one (1) calendar day of being notified as a potential Grand Prize Winner. In the event of non-compliance by the potential Grand Prize Winner, such potential Grand Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Grand Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may be chosen from among the remaining Eligible Entries in Sponsor's sole discretion. Grand Prize Winner (and if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign within two (2) calendar days of receipt of applicable documents from Sponsor and/or Administrator: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability whereby each of the Indemnified Parties is released from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action, to be eligible for the Grand Prize, among other provisions, (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use their name, address (city and state), biographical information, voice, photograph and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, notification or permission (unless prohibited by law), among other provisions. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such releases. Grand Prize Winner acknowledges that none of the Indemnified Parties will obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to any Prize. Each Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the Grand Prize. Grand Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor and/or Administrator with respect to the Prize and return such documents as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor and/or Administrator or such Grand Prize Winner may forfeit the Grand Prize at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Grand Prize Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
8. Grand Prize (1): One (1) Grand Prize Winner shall be selected in accordance with Section 6. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) for Grand Prize Winner and his/her one (1) Guest to attend the "2011 MTV Video Music Awards" (the "Event") currently contemplated to take place on or around August 28, 2011. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest must be available to travel from on or around August 20, 2011 to on or around September 15, 2011 or at such other dates as MTVN determines. If any Grand Prize Winner cannot travel on dates specified by MTVN, such Grand Prize Winner will forfeit all rights to the Grand Prize. MTVN is not responsible if potential Grand Prize Winner is unable or unavailable to accept Grand Prize. The trip will include: (i) roundtrip coach class air transportation for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest which shall originate from an airport of MTVN's choice nearest Grand Prize Winner's residence (as determined by MTVN) to Event location (MTVN reserves the right to substitute ground transportation for air transportation if the Grand Prize Winner resides within 150 miles of Event location); (ii) two (2) nights standard hotel accommodations in Event location for Grand Prize Winner and Guest which shall be a single room based on double occupancy (meals, telephone calls and other incidentals and costs are not included); and (iii) two (2) tickets to attend the Event (collectively, the "Grand Prize"). Meals, telephone calls, tips and other incidentals and costs are not included in the Grand Prize.
The approximate retail value (the "ARV") of the Grand Prize is $4,000.00. The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Grand Prize fulfillment and the time of travel and the distance between departure and destination. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Grand Prize, including all travel arrangements, will be made by MTVN. The dates for the fulfillment of the Grand Prize will sometime between August 20, 2011 and September 15, 2011, subject to programming requirements or Event scheduling and such dates are subject to change in MTVN's sole discretion.
If a potential Grand Prize Winner is not available to travel on the dates specified by MTVN in its sole discretion, such potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified, and an alternative potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected randomly from all remaining applicable Eligible Entries if time permits in MTVN's sole discretion. Each Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary. If any Grand Prize Winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian and such person must be the allotted Guest. If any Guest is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian and such person must be the Grand Prize Winner. MTVN will determine the airline and hotel in its sole discretion. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must possess valid travel documents in order to travel. All travelers must execute all required releases and documents specified in these Official Rules prior to ticketing. If a Grand Prize Winner elects to travel without a Guest, no additional compensation shall be awarded. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations necessitated by same. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. All travel dates are subject to change in MTVN's sole discretion. If for any reason any of the Event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, MTVN reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes in its discretion and shall award a substitute prize of equal or greater value, which may include, but is not limited to, a cash prize equivalent to the ARV of the trip portion of the Grand Prize as set forth in these Official Rules.
The approximate retail value (the "ARV") of the Grand Prize is $4,000.00. The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Grand Prize fulfillment and the time of travel and the distance between departure and destination. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Grand Prize, including all travel arrangements, will be made by MTVN. Grand Prize Winner and his/her guests must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion(s) of the Grand Prize. Seat locations, if any, will be determined by Sponsor. If for any reason any Grand Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, Sponsor reserves the right, but are not obligated, to cancel or modify the Grand Prize in their discretion and to award a substitute Prize of equal or greater value, which may include, but is not limited to, a cash Prize equivalent to the ARV of the trip portion of the Grand Prize, as applicable, as set forth in these Official Rules. Arrangements for fulfillment of the Grand Prize, including all travel arrangements will be made by Sponsor.
9. General Prize Terms: The total ARV of all prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is $4,000.00. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Grand Prize will be made by Sponsor or a third party on Sponsor's behalf. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be rewarded. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof permitted, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize with one of comparable or greater value at their sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with the Grand Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as provided are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All Grand Prize-related details are at Sponsor's sole discretion.
10. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (AS DETERMINED BY THE AFFECTED SWEEPSTAKES ENTITY IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN GRAND PRIZE WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Indemnified Parties assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing, network or any other error which may occur in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing and/or judging of the entries, the cancellation or postponement of any event, the incorrect uploading of any Redemption Code, or in any other Sweepstakes-related materials. Indemnified Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, cable, satellite, Internet Service Providers (ISP) or other providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes or any combination thereof. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in MTVN's on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes or for any reason that Sweepstakes Entities deem it necessary, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, and, in the event of cancellation or termination, to determine the Grand Prize Winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received using the judging procedure outlined above or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. All interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and void all associated entries) they suspect or find: (i) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (ii) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (iii) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OVER ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL EXCLUSIVELY GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES, WITHOUT REGARD TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW RULES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
Entrants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective affiliated companies, parents, sponsors, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, members (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") from and against any and all liabilities, claims, suits, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) resulting or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes, and from any breach or violation of any representation, warranty, obligation or covenant made by each Entrant herein, and each Entrant agrees to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Indemnified Parties, and hereby acknowledge that the Indemnified Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize or any portion thereof.
Past experience has confirmed that sweepstakes and other competitions generate substantially similar submissions or entries which closely resemble concepts and ideas that have been independently developed by any one or more of the Sweepstakes Entities before or after the Sweepstakes. Accordingly, Entrants may subsequently see a presentation by any one or more of the Sweepstakes Entities which seemingly incorporates an idea or concept or includes materials similar to that contained in their entries. Any similarity is purely coincidental and unavoidable in light of the volume of ideas which the Sweepstakes Entities routinely consider in the course of their business. Because of this possibility, Entrants hereby agree to submit their entries under the following terms and conditions: (a) that each of the Sweepstakes Entities may use any ideas, concepts, material, in whole or in part, contained in an entry, (b) that all physical materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned; (c) that all materials submitted are free from any lien or claim by anyone, including, but not limited to any union, guild or performance rights society; (d) Entrants have obtained all rights, permissions and licenses necessary for each of the Sweepstakes Entities to use the Scoring Items for any purpose; (e) that no Scoring Item or any part thereof infringes any trademark or copyright or otherwise violates anyone's right of privacy or publicity and (f) Entrants indemnify and hold harmless each of the Indemnified Parties from any claims, suits, losses damages and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that arise from any breach of the following conditions.
11. Request for Name of Grand Prize Winner and/or Official Rules: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner (available after on or around August 31, 2011) and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
1515 Broadway, 16th Floor
Attn: MTV Draw Your Line VMA Feats Sweepstakes
New York, NY 10036
All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and the name of the Grand Prize Winner must be made by October 21, 2011. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting "Official Rules" or the name of the "Grand Prize Winner". Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
12. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
Any inquiries related to the "MTV Draw Your Line VMA Feats Sweepstakes", these Official Rules and/or any related matters should be directed to: MTV Networks, Attn: MTV Draw Your Line VMA Feats Sweepstakes, 1515 Broadway, 16th Floor, New York, NY 10036