- Unhide. If you wouldn't say it to a person's face, don't say it online or text it.
- Disengage. If someone's talking about you, don't respond—everything you say just fuels the fire. In this case, silence is golden.
- Secure your stuff. Find the privacy settings for all the networks you're part of, and use them. They're there for a reason.
- Save everything. If you're being harassed online, save the messages, posts, comments, etc. so that you can back up requests for blocking or even a protective order (should it come to that).
- Know your legal rights
- Use your voice. A site administrator, parent, teacher, or other authority figure you trust can help you deal with nasty stuff happening online — but you have to let them know it's happening.