3 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF ABOUT SEXTING
- Was this my idea? If you're not in the mood to make, take, or share a permanent record of your stuff, choose a way to express your hotness that won't put you at risk for major overexposure. If you're being pressured to pose, and feel embarrassed to say no, play along, but keep your clothes on — not showing it all is way sexier. Still on the fence? Proceed to part two of this question: is it better to feel uncool for a half an hour or be totally humiliated when the pics wind up in everybody's inbox?
- Where will this picture end up? Possible answers:
- My bf or gf's phone.
- His or her friends' phones.
- Everyone's phone and inbox.
- What was going on when this pic was taken? If you're forwarded a sext, the answer is... who knows. Maybe the subject was having fun, but maybe s/he was coerced, or filmed/photographed without his or her knowledge or consent. Maybe s/he was drunk at the time and has no idea that the sext you just got is making the rounds. The point is, when you get a sext, you might not know if the person would be cool with you sending it around, so better to hit delete rather than forward.